Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our little family...

So I figured I've slacked enough and need to update the blog. But honestly, I didn't do it on purpose...we've just been busy adjusting to life and in the time the kids are sleeping, I am doing things around the house or sleeping myself, so I just haven't gotten around to updating. We are adjusting to life with two kids around here, and are enjoying having an addition to the family. Hannah is doing pretty well and is a great big helper and loves on her brother, most of the time. There have been a few instances where she has tried to pick on him, but other than that she's been good. She likes to try to feed her baby dolls like Mommy feeds Isaiah, and she comes in to Isaiah's bed each morning and kisses on him, said "Morning Isaiah David." We worked on middle names a few weeks ago, so now she always calls herself "Hannah Grace" and him "Isaiah David." Its very cute. We are also trying start working on potty training but as of now, its not going too well...she's a stubborn little gal. Hopefully it will come soon, very soon, because I'm tired of changing her diapers. :) She is also repeating a lot and surprises us everyday with the questions she asks, or the statements she makes and we enjoy hearing her little voice jabber away. Isaiah is growing big and strong - when I took him into his 2 week appointment, he weighed 9 lbs, 9 oz and was 22 inches long. Now if you remember, I said he was 20 inches when he was born, but David is pretty sure they measured wrong, because they did it really sloppily at the hospital, and didn't stretch him out very well. Why he didn't say something, I'm not quite sure, but we're pretty sure he was at least 21, if not close to 22, because there can't be any possible way he could have grown 2 inches in 2 weeks!! He started smiling at about 3 1/2 weeks and just the other night, we had him on his tummy on the floor and he rolled from his tummy to his back! We couldn't believe it!! Its so weird to start the baby process all over again, because we're used to a toddler now, but its so much fun too, to see everything all over again. He sleeps really well at night...usually 5-7 hours...the last 2 nights have been at least 7 hours, which we don't mind a bit!! :) He is 5 weeks old today...its so hard to believe its gone so fast! He is a good baby for the most part, the only thing is that he is a bit fussy in the evenings/nights until he goes to sleep for the night, which is a little different than Hannah. We taking him in for his one month pictures this afternoon.

We also had a wonderful Christmas...it was nice to be home before the holidays started and get settled so we were able to get out to the family's houses to celebrate. We didn't put in a whole days visit, but they were enjoyable. I thought last Christmas was so fun with Hannah but this year was even better, I think because she understood everything even more, and the expressions on her face when she opened her gifts were so fun to watch. And of course Isaiah slept through his first Christmas. We went to some friends' house for New Years Eve and stayed until about 10, and Hannah did pretty well...I actually think we could have made it till midnight, but I didn't want too grumpy of a 2 year old along with getting used to a newborn. :) We also enjoyed a visit a couple of weeks ago from David's mom. She came up from California to see the baby and the rest of us too. She stayed with her parents here in Salem, and we went over to visit almost every day so she could spend time with the kids as much as possible. It was great to have her here to see.

The rest of our lives are still just as busy...David and I get to get away to the coast next weekend (not by ourselves - we are taking Isaiah) for our church's board retreat, then the next week is a pastors'/wives retreat and the day after we get back from that, he heads up to Weippe, Idaho (way up in no man's land) for a ski retreat with the district youth kids. So we have quite a busy time the next few weeks and before I know it I will be starting back to work. I think it will be the middle of March, but that's going to come really quickly.

Here are pics from Christmas time up to a few days ago...there are SO many I could have put on but just don't have the room for. Enjoy!

Grandpa Paul and Isaiah enjoying an after dinner nap together on Christmas Eve Christmas Day with Carissa's family - the whole clan including Grandpa Willard and Grandma Mae
Our first family pic together (other than at the hospital)
Hannah and Isaiah at home on Christmas morning
David and Hannah having a fun play time
Hannah giving loves to Isaiah - she loves to kiss and hug him
Last Sunday we were able to capture one of his first somewhat of a smile
David, Isaiah and Grandma Janice
Isaiah's one month pic in the rocking chair
Hannah laying beside Isaiah on his playmat, trying to get him to play with her.

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Yah an update! :) Talk about me doing long ones! :) hehe! j/k! Great pics! I love his lil outfit in his one month! Hard to believe he's already one month! Whew! I can't wait to hold the lil guy again!

Acker Family said...

I'm so glad you updated! I love the pics of Isaiah-he is such a cutie! And Hannah seems to be doing great :)