Saturday, September 18, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall...

Fall is coming...and I'm a bit sad to see summer ending so quickly, mostly because it felt like we didn't have much of a summer since it didn't start warming up until about mid-June and now its cooling down quickly in early September. But I do love fall too...all the beautiful colors all around, the cool, brisk mornings and evenings, and the scents I can put in my Scentsy warmer and have the aroma fill the house. Yummm... And now that things have slowed down - just a tad - I realized I haven't even updated my blog for 3 months!! Its not like we had a hugely eventful summer, but there are still quite a few things I have to share with anyone who may read our blog.

So here's an update on the kiddos...

Hannah, our little 4 year old - growing up way too fast. I was thinking a day or so ago that a year from now at this time we'll be sending her off to her first day of kindergarten! She wants to go to school now...she tells me that quite often. We decided not to send her to preschool, but I'm pretty sure she'll do ok without it. She and I have been working on her letters and she has been practicing writing her name and she'll also ask me to write someone else's name down, then will write it on her own. She's got quite an imagination - no imaginary friends yet, but makes up funny, quirky names for her stuffed animals or dolls and pretends with them, having a tea party or birthday party. She does have her challenging moments, of course, having a mind of her own, but what child doesn't...? Its so much fun to watch her grow and learn more each day. She also started her second year of Cubbies/Awana. She is very excited about going each week and we love seeing her excitement about learning God's Word!

And our little man, Isaiah - he's not my baby anymore...sadly. :( But...there are so many more fun stages to look forward to! He's 21 months today actually...can't believe he's going to be 2 in just a few months! He's our little go-getter, "nothing can stop me" boy. He loves to try and do anything his sister does and even things she doesn't want to do, he will and then it makes her want to try (if that makes any sense). She can't let her little brother out-do her! :) His roly-poly tummy, legs and arms are going away and is slimming down quite a bit from running around all over the place, however he is still strong and S.O.L.I.D. He probably weighs about 30 lbs+. He can give his sister a good tackle, that's for sure! He's starting to say a few more words: car, cracker, all gone, shoes (this boy LOVES shoes - shows them to everyone!), juice...those are just some. He makes a lot of animals sounds and gets excited anytime he sees a car (specifically ones w/ loud exhaust), trucks or trains and makes sounds for those too. He's always such a happy boy - smiling and laughing and he's so loveable too...hugs for everyone and sometimes kisses, but only if he's in the mood for those. :) He's a mama's boy, which is ok by me. :) He doesn't even like it when I leave him in the church nursery, which he's been in since he was 6 months old! A couple Sundays ago, I had to stay home with him due to a cold and he followed me E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. around the house...I also think he didn't really know what to do without his sister there either. I kept telling him he could play with any and every toy he wanted without her fighting him for it, but of course he's too young to understand. :)

Now that I've done a brief on the kids, I'll post some of our summer activities...don't expect them all today though! :) I'll get them done as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Family of 5 said...

Wow it has been awhile since u have blogged! I have noticed that people don't blog as much as they used to!! Maybe it's becoming a thing of the past...and/or people are too busy!

Your kids are too fun! We love them to death!