Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hannah's Christmas Program

A few weeks ago, on the 12th, Hannah was in her first Christmas program at church. Actually this was the first one they've had in many years - no one has ever stepped up and been willing to work with the kids and this year we had someone that was willing. Hannah was chosen for a sheep part and even had lines. The coordinators told me that during practices she said her lines the loudest. Hm, I thought..."funny because she's always so shy...we'll see about that on the day of performance." :) Well, Sunday came and she went up to the front of the church with all the other little kids and sat there - with a STONE COLD look on her face. You could see her eyes searching for me and anyone she might know. She caught a glimpse of me and smiled and waved, then stone cold again. Then, she saw Micah and got all excited and started waving and said "HI Micah!!" I think that made her day...aw, so sweet she was so excited her cousin was there. :) It turned out you couldn't even hear her say her lines, just like I thought. Once, I heard a tiny bit of her voice in one of the songs, but soon blended in with the other kids'. There was a little 3 yr old boy, Tommy, Hannah's friend, that didn't want to go up with all the kis, but after watching them for a while, he decided to go up. He sat by Hannah and soon he started pulling the wool off of her costume and was throwing it up in the air. Well, then this prompted her to start doing the same and then Trinity, also 3, started joining in. Tommy then got antsy being up there, started playing with the mics and whatever would entertain him. Well, little did he know, he and Hannah were entertaining everyone in the audience. Finally at a quiet spot between songs and lines, his dad's voice came from the back saying "Tommy sit down!" He froze and then realized who was saying that and went off the stage. Hannah and Trinity still were playing with her wool that had been pulled off, but the eventually settled down. At the last song, the 2 youth girls that were helping out with the program took Joel (18 mo) and Isaiah up to be part of the program at least a little. Well, Isaiah didn't like it, and sat there in Nikki's arms with a BIG pouty look on his face. Joel on the other hand was fine until the end of the song and everyone started clapping...that scared him. I videoed it on our video camera...I wish there was a way I could put it on here...just telling the story just doesn't do justice. :)

Isaiah wearing his sheep hat before the program started, but wouldn't
wear it when it was time for him to go up front.

Finally got a smile out of her when she saw us.Throwing her wool back at Tommy

"I do not want to be up here...I want my mommy..."

2 comments:

Julie said...

What a sad face, Isaiah! Cute little sheep hat....to bad he wouldn't keep it on.
Wool throwing....a new game for Hannah and Tommy!
ha

jeffnbecky said...

why is nikki making isaiah cry? so mean of her