This is a bit out of order with the last couple of posts I have done, but I wanted to share it...On Sunday evenings we go to a family's home from church for our small group. Well, last Sunday when we got there, we walked in and saw a big sign with balloons, that read "Welcome DJ." If I haven't mentioned before, that's what a lot of the people from church call him, which stands for David Jr, since we won't tell anyone the name, until he is born. Anyway, our small group was there, a few youth kids, our pastor's wife Jill, and the Marslands (the family who's home it is). They had decided to throw us a little surprise, which neither of us expected would happen, because Debbie Marsland had gotten away with doing the same when I was pregnant with Hannah, although last time David knew about it, and this time he didn't. We had a great time...we played the game where they cut off a length of string to see how big around I am, opened some gifts and had some yummy dessert - there was cake (made by Kristi, a gal that's part of our group) and also strawberry and cherry cheesecake, made by Debbie. Opening gifts I'd have to say was the best part, because of one gift in particular. It was a gift from Dan, Kristi and their son Tommy. Kristi sews footy pj's (and other clothes too) for Tommy all the time, and when I opened their gift, there was a pair of footy pj's for the baby, along with...a GIANT pair of matching footy pj's for David!! It was hilarious and even more so when David came back in the room with them on over his clothes!! Everyone got a great laugh out of it all! She is quite the seamstress to be able to make a pair to fit David, and...they even have about 3-4 in extra in the feet and have plenty of length for him. So of course, I have to include pics!!The sign that we saw as we walked in the house

The cute cake Kristi made, 2 small ones w/ DJ on it, if you can't see it very well.

David modeling his new pj's
I also had a couple other showers that were thrown for me, but I haven't gotten copies of pics yet to post.
2 comments:
That is so funny! I love that David posed in those jammies! AJ has always wanted a pair-I'm serious! Maybe we can get a pair made for him!! Cute cake too!
Oh my goodness I didn't know you could find them in HIS size! :)
Post a Comment