Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's the most Wonderful time of the Year!!

Christmas is my most favorite time of the year - first because we celebrate that God gave us the wonderful gift of his Son, our Savior! I also love the beautiful Christmas trees all decorated, lights on the houses, and all the decor! If you saw all my storage tubs of Christmas things, you would be able to tell that its my favorite holiday. I didn't do as much decorating this year though, because I figured by bringing all the Christmas stuff out, plus getting the baby's room ready, I would feel more overwhelmed than I already am, so we just did the tree, nativity, stockings and a few little things here and there. I also love to give gifts to people and just see the excitement of opening them, especially my husband and daughter!! :) I'm really looking forward to this Christmas because Hannah is really going to be into it, I think...she knows what the presents are and likes to open them, plus she is SOOO excited about the tree and its lights. Every morning, she comes into the room and switches on the light switch (we have the tree lights plugged into an outlet, which is hooked to the switch) and goes on and on about the pretty lights. She and I decorated the tree this year (David had a busy week and I wanted to get it going :)), and she really enjoyed it. Sunday when we were all home, she and David added the finishing touches to the tree and put the star on top. We also put up the nativity scene and told her the Christmas story, which she probably is a bit young to understand, but she can point out Baby Jesus to you, if you asked her! I also added a pic of her touch to the tree, which she did on Sunday also - if you can't tell, its her stuffed bear Boz sitting in the tree. She did that all on her own and was so excited about him in the tree and was insistent I took a picture, which I would have anyways. :) I haven't put any presents under the tree yet...first of all, I don't have any wrapped yet, but I'm a little hesitant she may want to try to open them sooner than Christmas. :)
David and Hannah putting the final touch on the tree
Hannah and I putting up the nativity sceneBoz and his own special place in the tree :)
Hannah, Boz and the tree...she got the star on a little crooked, so we had to adjust that a bit.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Isn't Boz lucky to get his own special seat in the Christmas tree?! That was very thoughtful of Hannah! :-) She is at the right age to be teaching her the story of Jesus birth.

Nicole LH Medeiros said...

I love Christmas best too! This year we had the kids get presents for each other and I can't wait for them to open them. She is so adorable, and it must be nice to have someone so tall to help her put the star on! What a special time of the year and you get to welcome a new little one!

PS When are you due again?

Family of 5 said...

that is a cute story about Hannah with Boz...what an imagination! Fun times!