Monday, June 15, 2009

Hair Shaving Experiment

NormalIy I am posting stuff on the kiddos because isn't that who most of us are interested in hearing about?? :) Well, today I am going to post on my wonderful hubby, David...you see, he's a youth pastor as you all know and youth camp is coming up next week. He is the District Youth President (DYP) and is in charge of pretty much making camp happen, along with help from his assistants, who happen to be a few youth leaders from different churches, so he's been working long and hard on that the last couple months and is doing a great job. I'm excited to be able to go to camp for a couple days and see the excitement of what God is doing in the kids' lives. Anyway, the point of my whole story is this...

About a couple months ago, he made the youth kids a deal...that if they could get 20 kids from our youth group to come to camp, they could shave his head. To some of you who attend larger churches, this may not seem hard to you, but our church isn't very big, so it is more of a challenge. Well, this is a HUGE deal for David to make to the kids, because you see, he is very particular about his hair. It can't get too long, because it bugs him and so he gets it cut usually every 2 weeks, 3 is stretching it and he has to go to the hair dresser that cuts it "just right." :) So ever since he made the deal, he hasn't gotten a haircut. About 3 weeks into the deal, I started hearing about how his hair was driving him nuts because it was starting to touch his ears. Well, Sunday was the kids' deadline to see if they had 20 kids or not...they didn't...unfortunately. :( (He is seeing low numbers in all the churches this year - its amazing all the different ways the economy can affect things that we wouldn't necessarily think about). So, I couldn't believe it, but I was able to talk him into letting me shave his head - it must have been bugging him pretty bad. He wouldn't let me use less than a #2 attachment though.

So here are before and after pics...it was kinda fun to try something new for him, but just between you and me, I think he was kinda nervous to let me do it. :) I think it looks good, but he doesn't like it, although its only been a day...plus by the time he gets back from camp, it will be long enough to get his normal cut again. Saved us money on a haircut... :)


4 comments:

Nicole LH Medeiros said...

It does look good! And great for a ll this hot weather we are having!

Family of 5 said...

Nice...that's all that needs to be said...nice...
-Dan

Family of 5 said...

It's really doesn't look bad at all! Way to go David!
-Anna

Acker Family said...

That's a ton of hair!!! Way to go cutting it!