Tuesday, July 7, 2009

1/2 a year old!

I'm a bit behind but Isaiah turned 6 mo on June 18...can't believe how the time has flown by! Before we know it he'll be one already! (That means only 6 mo till Christmas too!) He is such a wonderful addition to our family and we enjoy him so much! He got his 2 bottom teeth in at 5 1/2 mo. He isn't quite sitting up by himself yet or crawling, but he rolls all around and turns around and around on his tummy on the floor to reach the things he needs. He definitely seems more active and determined to reach for things to get than Hannah was.

I have to share this funny story - one day I stepped out of the room for a couple minutes and came back and he had (with help from Hannah, I'm pretty sure) gotten from the carpet to the kitchen floor. Well, then with me there in the room, she decided to try to pick him up around the waist. She couldn't do it but she tried. I told her that he was a little too heavy for her to pick up, and if she wanted to hold him, she needed to let me know and I would put him on her lap. So she didn't bother with that anymore, but instead decided to grab a bunch of hair and try to pull him that way! He only wimpered for a second and stopped, and I of course told her that wasn't the way to move him around either. I felt bad for him getting his hair pulled, but thought it a pretty funny and creative way for her to think of to move him around. :)

Anyway, I took him on July 2 for his 6 mo checkup and he was 21 lbs, 10 oz, and 28 1/2 in long. He only grew (according to their measurements) about 1/4 inch since his 4 mo, which doesn't seem like much, but they could be close in that, because lately he hasn't grown out of things lengthwise very quickly.
6 mo pic

My new teeth!
Loves to play on the floor - he would rather than than sit in
his exersaucer or swing. :)

No comments: