Take me out to the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks,
I don't care if I ever get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
if they don't win its a shame.
For its one, two, three strikes your out
at the old ball game!"
Now that you're in the spirit, I'll share with you about our little outing. :) I had gotten tickets for Tues nights Salem-Keizer Volcanoes game, so David and I took Hannah and our nephew Josiah (We traded Anna boys for the evening). Hannah had never been and I don't think Josiah had either, but I'm not for sure. Josiah showed up with his little baseball glove all pumped and ready to catch a ball! It was so cute! Hannah knew we were going to a baseball game...she just didn't know what it was all about. We got there a little late, around the 2nd inning. Josiah hadn't eaten dinner and Anna told me to grab him a hot dog if he wanted...well, he preferred to have popcorn. So we got a large popcorn for Josiah, Hannah and I (David wasn't interested) to share. Not long after we got in our seats, the guy selling cotton candy came along, and Josiah asked what it was and told me he'd like to have some. I told him we'd wait till a little later, after we had finished our popcorn. After getting all settled in our seats, we started watching the game. Josiah asked lots of questions, mostly about where the ball was and sometimes about what they were doing. It was cute, even though he repeated himself a lot...I wondered if we were annoying the 2 men in front of us. After a while the cotton candy man came back through and so we got some to let Josiah try it. He ate little tiny pieces because he wasn't sure about it, while Hannah had tasted it before and just reached right in for a big piece! After a few bites, he decided he didn't like it, so David and Hannah got to finish it off. The kids didn't last too long...only until the end of the 5th inning. So we picked up and headed out and made an ice cream stop at DQ, which I think was just as much of a highlight for the kids as the game was. :)
This pic was actually taken by a photographer w/the Statesman Journal.He came to get mine and Hannah's names and told us we'd be in the photo gallery of the game on the website. :)

2 comments:
Love it! How fun! And he talks about it still! He loved going with you guys! He had been to a game last year I think it was! And I love the last pic of 'Isaiah and myself! Too cute!
this shows that once he gets a little older you need to shave his head or you'll have hannah trying to do his hair too, haha thats a funny pic
Post a Comment