Saturday, September 6, 2008

From the mouths of Toddlers...

Oh the things that kids think of to say...of course Hannah says new, cute things each day it seems, but here are a couple stories I thought I'd share. Actually though...one is about my nephew Josiah - he's 4 and becoming quite creative in his thinking. :) I'll start with that one...(I don't have any pics - sorry!)

It was this last Thursday and Mom, Anna and I were making applesauce at my parent's house...we were standing in the kitchen working and Josiah came running up to me, out of breath saying "Carissa, Hannah had a baby!! Come quick and see!" I, of course, wanted to make sure I heard right, so I asked him what he said again and he repeated the same. Mom, Anna and I looked at each other and I said, "well this should be interesting!" My parents have like a bi-level stairway...where it goes up 8-10 steps, then a landing, and then another 8-10 steps. So we follow Josiah up the first flight and sitting on the bottom step of the second flight were Micah and Hannah. Hannah was sitting on a blanket and had it wrapped around her legs. Josiah sat down next to her, and said "see, she had a baby!" (There was no doll in sight) Well, she and Micah were just sitting there looking at us, like what did we do? Hannah had no clue what was going on - she was just playing with the blanket. She didn't know what we were looking at or why we were looking at her. Apparently, Josiah thought the way she was holding the blanket, she was having a baby. :)

My second story for the day happened last night...lately anytime Hannah has gotten hurt, she wants me, or whomever is taking care of her to kiss her owies. Well, last night, Grandpa Paul was over visiting and she was showing him how she can jump and just plain showing off for him. Well, she jumped a few times and fell onto her bottom. She got up and came over to me holding on to her bottom and said "Ow, it hurts!" I hugged her and told her that she needed to be more careful when she was jumping and sent her about her way...well, instead of heading off to play again, she said in a firm, demanding voice "Kiss it!" That got a laugh out of the 3 of us watching, and I told her that no, I wasn't going to kiss her owie on her bottom...that I would on her hands, arms, feet, legs but not her bottom. :)

Such great entertainment from the little ones! Can't wait to hear what they will say next! :)

4 comments:

Family of 5 said...

That's really funny about the owie on her bottom! :) haha! That's almost as bad as 'Si saying after he toots, "smell my bum!" hehe!! I love those funny moments with the cousins. Such sweet moments too! Soon lil Cami and baby boy Pfnister will be part of those moments too! :)

Nicole LH Medeiros said...

I think Dylan has said that too me at one time as well, about kissing an owie on the bum. Ally is jsut always really melodramatic about owies! I love being a Mommy you get such great stories to tell!

Anonymous said...

The story about Hannah having a baby is hilarious! It's so fun to hear the things toddlers say... I love listening to Carter's silly words ws well.

Wanda

Acker Family said...

Cute background! I love her little sayings! I especially love the kissing her bottom story! Can't wait for Lily to say things like that!