Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - even though its a day late. I was going to post this yesterday but didn't get a chance. With the holiday here, I've been reflecting on everything that I have to be thankful for in our lives. There is so much we get to do and have, and there are so many things that are easy to take for granted, and that I need to stop and be thankful for them, just as much as the bigger things and remember that God has blessed me with everything in my life and HE gets all the credit!
Our Thanksgiving was a nice one...
It started out with David getting up with Hannah and he let me sleep in until 9:30 that morning - it was wonderful since I haven't been sleeping so great at night. Then they brought me a nice little breakfast in bed! I'm so thankful for such a wonderful, loving husband that helps me out so much and puts up with me even when I don't always deserve it (like during those moody times that I've had a lot of during this pregnancy). I love him so much and couldn't ask for anyone better to share my life with. He is also a wonderful father and its so fun to watch him with Hannah. And of course I'm thankful for my beautiful, precious daughter - even though she has really enjoyed testing my patience a lot lately, she is such a joy and so much fun to have in our lives. She is SO excited for her little brother and we are very much looking forward to him coming to join our family too! After I got up, we sat around and watched the parade together, watched Hannah dress herself and also put Elmo in "time out" - she even asked me to set the beep (timer) and when it was done she held him in front of her and told him not to say "no." We also called David's family in California to wish them a Happy Thanksgiving - it was nice to visit with them for a while too. Other than that, we relaxed, which was nice. Then David and Hannah made deviled eggs for our dinner that afternoon, which we went to at his Dad and Georganne's (his step mom) house. Later that evening after dinner, we went by my parents' house to say a short hello and to see my grandparents. We had a great day with everyone, and are so thankful to have everyone from all 3 families in our lives!
Hannah showing me the egg she is helping Daddy peel.
After lots of practice, she has finally figured out how to get the right fingers up to say "I love you" in sign language. The first time she did it, she exclaimed "I GOT IT!!" (Before we even said anything about it!)
Dressing herself in the morning - she has been insisting that "Nannah do it" for many things, and is wanting to start choosing her own clothes too!
Elmo in time out...





6 comments:

Nicole LH Medeiros said...

I love it! She is getting bigger and it will be exciting to see how excited and helpful she is to you when the baby comes!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving Pfinster family! I just now saw Hannah's pics from Halloween. She looks so adorable in her Eeyore costume! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well as you reach the "home stretch." That was so nice of David to let you sleep in- you need it! Can't wait to see pics of your baby boy!

Wanda Cummings

Family of 5 said...

That's funny..bad Elmo! :) Good for her disciplining him! hehe! And cute about her just so excited to meet her brother, we are excited too! And how cute about her learning I love you in sign language! I never thought of teaching that one to my kids! ...;) She sure is growing up!

Acker Family said...

I love that she wants to put Elmo in time out! Too cute!

Julie said...

I was just showing Hannah your blog and asked her what Elmo was doing and she said he was in time out. She knows who's in charge around your house! :-) She is growing up fast and will be a big help to "baby brudder".

Anonymous said...

spread those little legs nice and wide I see what I want to eat for thanksgiving