Today, we went over to my sister Anna's to decorate some Valentine's goodies. The attention span for the kids (except for Micah) was short, so Anna, Mom and I ended up doing most of it. Although when we got home, Hannah and I finished ours and she was interested longer...less distractions, I think. :)
Then tonight, David and I went to the Keizer Fire Dept annual "Sweethearts Banquet." It was at the Elsinore Theater, just in the foyer when you walk in. I didn't realize that they actually hold quite a few events such as this one, even weddings and receptions. Of course its not huge, so you couldn't invite too many people. It was a really nice evening - appetizers, a nice dinner catered by Caruso's, and a yummy marionberry cobbler dessert made by one of the firemen. They had "entertainment" as they called it, and had all the fire personnel stand up and say why their spouse or significant other was their sweetheart. Then all the "sweethearts" of the firemen got to reach into a bag of goodies, which ended up being gift cards to either Macy's or Nordstroms...I got Nordy's, which I'm excited about because I can never afford to shop there...it was $20, which won't go too far but if I look for a bargain, I should be able to find something good. :)
We have had another full week and a busy weekend ahead of us, so David decided to take Mon and Tues off and we're going to head for the coast for a night, which we are looking forward too. Then Tues night when we get back, its a meeting for David and another full week with long days for him again, and me getting to spend the days with my beautiful children!
At Anna's house - Isaiah smiling away at my mom
Making them look pretty

2 comments:
Hannah loves cookies. I think she has a sweet tooth!! :-)
I remember the days where it's like, please just go in your diaper we have to go, but knowing you better go to the bathroom!!! I can totally relate! :)
Post a Comment