Thursday, February 5, 2009

Our Happenings...

David and I just got back today from a Minister's and Mates retreat up in Canby. It was a nice getaway, even though not far from home, and we were able to visit with other couple friends that we don't get to see very often. Isaiah is sleeping and we're waiting on Hannah to come home from Grandpa and Grandma Millers', so I thought I'd do a little posting on the blog. Last weekend was our church board retreat at the coast, so David, Isaiah and I left Thurs and came home Saturday. We left Hannah at home with Grandpa and Grandma Pfnister. Since our "meetings" didn't start until Friday evening we got to have about a day and a half of free time, so some of us gals went to the fun scrapbook store in Lincoln City and then came back and did some card making and some scrapbooking. It was a fun time to socialize and also get to work on things I don't always have time to do at home. It was BEAUTIFUL weather out there all 3 days...it was about 55 degrees Thurs and Friday with no wind and clear blue skies. Saturday was the same with no wind and clear skies, but was only about 45 degrees, so much cooler. It was fun to take Isaiah to the beach for the first time, even though he just fell asleep in the front pack. :) Now tomorrow, David leaves for a tiny little town in no man's land of Weippe, Idaho, where there is a Wesleyan church that's part of our district that hosts a winter ski weekend. Its about an 8-9 hour drive, and they go to this little ski resort that has lift tickets for $15 and a tow rope to get up and down the mountain, instead of a ski lift. He is taking 3 kids and a leader. So this is going to be my first weekend home by myself with the 2 kids - hopefully it goes well and Hannah doesn't test my patience too much. :) I have a couple things planned though to get out and about so we don't go too stir crazy. Here are some pics from the beach retreat and also of Hannah and Isaiah that we've shot in the last week or so...there's a lot, but I just couldn't narrow it down. :)
Some deer that were on the lawn at the beach house we stayed at

Card making and scrapbooking - by the end of the night the table was much messier than this...I couldn't BELIEVE all the stuff Andi and Jan had!! Starting with me L-R: myself, Jill, Andi, Laura and Jan Jill, our pastors wife and good friend w/ Isaiah - she doesn't usually like to hold babies, but he was in good spirits, so she did. She needs practice, since she's having her first in June. :)

David and Isaiah on our walk out to the beach
One Sat evening, our friends Ben, Ruth and their daughter Breanna were over and Hannah needed her bath for church, so they stuck Breanna in also...they love their little animal towels. :)
FIGHT ON!! Hannah is quite the little USC fan in her shirt from Grandpa and Grandma Billow, and sporting Daddy's hat - Grandpa Don went to USC and is a big fan.
Trying on Daddy's shoes - just a little big!
He's becoming quite smiley!
Hannah was having fun piling her blankets and stuffed animals on Isaiah...he sure doesn't seem happy about it!
Our little man - he was so alert for this pic, and he holds his head up very well
A couple weeks ago, we visited my grandparents and they were having fun getting Isaiah to smile...or trying to anyways.
Sisterly love to her brother
Daddy and his little "munchkins"
Auntie Anna and Isaiah

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

I LOVE his smile n that one! All the pics are good though...except for the one of him and I ...I look really tired or something! :) Looks like you had a busy but fun couple weeks! :)

Julie said...

Still catching up reading blogs! Fun pictures and Isaiah is growing up so fast and neat to see him smile.