Tuesday, December 15, 2009

CA Trip Part 1 - Family & USC game

On Fri afternoon, the 4th, David, the kids and I headed up to PDX for our trip to Cali. Our flight left at 5 pm and after an hour layover in Salt Lake City, we headed to LA, arriving about 10 pm. Not sure if its worth using air miles for a ticket with kids, because you don't get a direct flight...oh well. They did really well, and Hannah was excited to be on the plane. When we arrived in LA, we were picked up by David's mom and his brother Brent and headed to their place. After getting all settled and the kids in bed, David and I finally crashed about midnight.

Saturday morning came and David and I were up early to head to the USC vs. AZ game with Don (Janice's husband) and Brent, while the kids stayed home with Grandma Janice. It didn't start until 12:30, but we went early to have a "tailgate party" breakfast. We had yummy breakfast burritos, doughnuts and juice. Then we had some time, so we walked over to the USC campus, looked around, watched the band march through and then headed to the stadium. It was a fun time, and new experience since I had never been to a college football game.

Sunday and Monday we relaxed and spent time with Don, Janice and Brent. It was a fun time for them, because Don and Brent had never met Isaiah and it had been at least a year and a half since they had seen Hannah. Monday we had lunch with a friend of Janice's that knew David also, and then that afternoon while the kids were napping, Janice and I headed to the airport to pick up our friends Tim, Stacy and their daughter Ashlynne. After picking them up, getting David and the kids, we headed to Anaheim to stay in a timeshare with them with plans to head to Disneyland starting Tuesday. All that to come in the next post. Thanks to the Billows for your hospitality and for putting up with us for a few days. We had a wonderful visit!

On the plane...ready to go

Cookin' breakfast Waiting for the game to start - all decked out - I even had a fake tattoo on my cheek and USC earrings - thanks to Janice for all the gear! :) At the start of the 3rd quarter they light the Olympic torch (the Olympics have been held at this stadium sometime in the past - I don't remember the years! :)) Grandma & Isaiah Hannah was a little shy to sit on their laps, so I held her while they took the pic

1 comment:

Family of 5 said...

fun pics! :) Looks like a great time! Where are the D-land pics though?