Saturday, August 23, 2008

Miller Family Mini-Vacation

Last Sunday the 17th, David, Hannah and I headed out to Rockaway Beach to stay a couple nights with my family - my parents, sister Melinda, sister Anna and her husband Dan and their 3 kids. When we got there Sunday evening, it was a little cool, but nice weather so we took a walk out on the beach. Monday and Tues were drizzly so we didn't go out on the beach much. We had a fun time just relaxing and hanging out. On Tues the 18th, it was also Josiah, our oldest nephew's 4th birthday, so we celebrated with him there. The cousins had a lot of fun together too, and actually didn't fight too much...the ones that usually do that are Hannah and Micah. :) If you want to read much more detailed blogging, you can check out my sister Anna's blog...she's much more detailed than I. :)


Evening walk on the beach: (L-R) Micah, David, Carissa, Hannah, Anna and Mom Julie
Dad/Grandpa Wayne and the kids checking out the water
Hannah and Micah running from the waves
Cambria enjoying a ride on her Daddy's back in the backpack
Dad/Grandpa Wayne found some seaweed and showed off his jump roping skills. :)
The BEAUTIFUL sunset from the house...I had so many pictures that were different I could have posted them all...ahh, I love the sunsets at the beach!!
David encouraging Cambria to crawl...she crawled her first "steps" at the house
David and I went to check out the little town of Rockaway for a bit, so Mom/Grandma Julie and Anna took the kids out to build a sandcastle.

Hannah and Micah - bright and early in the morning they woke up...all smiles! :)

Cambria and Hannah enjoying some "girl time" with the Star Wars toys in their hands! :)
Josiah with one of his birthday presents - I can't believe he's 4 already!!

The whole family!

3 comments:

Family of 5 said...

You got some great pictures of our trip...we should make cds for each other of them, since we all go so many different ones! It was a fun time...next time maybe it'll be sunny!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carissa,
I am honored that you put a link to my blog on yours! I just figured out how to do that today, so now your link is on mine too! I love your background, its so pretty! you have fun pictures too!

Acker Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love Hannah's long hair- you need to teach me some of your hair do ideas for little girls! I can't do squat :)