Monday, May 11, 2009

Denver, CO

Still a little behind on my blog postings, but I'm working on getting caught up...

Bright and early at 3 am, Wed April 22, David, Isaiah and I got up and headed up to PDX for a 6 am flight to Denver. David had a youth pastors conference that started Thurs, so I decided to go with him and we left a day earlier than the conference was supposed to start, thinking we could have some time to explore Denver a little. Well, needless to say, we didn't get to explore that much...we were too tired by the time we got our rental car and hotel room so we found some lunch and headed back to the hotel to take a nap. By that time, it was time to head to his cousin DeAndrea's house who was having us over for dinner. She just lived about 45 min outside of Denver with her hubby Chris and 2 kids - Chloe, 4 and Zachary, 2. She was also 9 mo prego with her 3rd. We found out later Thurs afternoon, she had went into labor Thurs in the morning and had the baby in the afternoon.
Thursday we slept in a little (as much as we could with Isaiah) and then headed out and about. We drove up into the Rockies and went to a little town called Idaho Springs and ate at a yummy pizza place called Beau Jo's. Then on our way back down the mountain, we stopped at Red Rocks, where they have an amphitheater and have lots of concerts there. There were huge, beautiful rocks! The Rockies were so beautiful too, as they were capped with snow from a huge snowfall they had a week before.
Thursday afternoon/evening and Friday we spent mostly at the hotel at the conference and then Saturday we got to go visit DeAndrea, Chris and the baby - Micah Josiah at the hospital before they headed home. It was fun to be able to go see the new baby!
Even though it was a short trip and it was relaxing, it was also fun to get home to see Hannah again too! Always miss my kiddos even just after one night away, even though I may need a break from them from time to time. :)
Isaiah and I - his first airplane ride.
a>
The sunrise behind Mt. Hood

We've eaten at Hard Rock Cafe in other places we've been, so had to go to one here too! :)

Zachary - 2, Isaiah and DeAndrea, David's cousin

DeAndrea's husband Chris, daughter Chloe -4 and David


The beautiful Rocky Mountains - on the way up to Idaho Springs. Everything down below is flat, no trees around at all, and you look in the distance and you see mountains all around. Its so beautiful!! I almost felt I could live there!
Idaho Springs - the little mining town we went to. Its been around since the 1800's!

Red Rocks - kinda looks like something from Lion King, I thought.

The pic below this one is the amphitheater. I think it said it held like 9000 people! There were lots of runners around the place - must be a popular place to run at.

Isaiah and his new cousin Micah and proud new parents Chris and DeAndrea

Isaiah somewhat got his own seat on the flight home...but wasn't too sure about it. :)

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

What a fun little trip it looked like! And how great that you got to go visit his cousin's new lil guy! I'm sure they were excited that family got to see him! Looks like you got to see a few tourist place too! Isaiah, what a big lil man you are! :)

Kelli said...

It was so fun to read this blog! I am going to Denver in July so it's good to see that you had fun! We are planning to see Red Rocks too! Isaiah is such a cutie!!!