Monday, July 14, 2008

Marion County Fair

First of all, I feel like I'm doing pretty good so far on keeping this blog updated...but its only been a few days since I've started it again, so I guess I shouldn't say too much yet... :)
Here's another outing we went on this weekend...
Yesterday afternoon (Sunday), we decided to brave this heat and take Hannah to check out the county fair. After 4 pm, it was free so we waited until then, and I'm sure glad we did, because it definitely wasn't worth $7.50/person! We met up with Ben, Ruth & Breanna and Rick and Laura - all of them part of our Bible study group. Well, there wasn't much to see - the girls were too little for the rides so we couldn't take them on those and there weren't many booths. So...we went to the Oregon Dairy Farmers booth and got some thick, creamy ice cream to cool off, and took the girls to see the animals. Most of the animals in the stalls had left already, but there were a few horses left, along with a couple miniature ponies, which she didn't like to even get near. We also visited the petting zoo. In there was a miniature pony, duck and baby ducks, a deer, goats, a turtle, some bunnies and some other animals I had never heard the names of. Well, I thought Hannah may like the animals, but she didn't like them at all! She clung to me with all of her might and shrieked if I got just a little too close! She even informed me she was "scared." Where she learned what that meant, I'm not sure, but they learn somehow, and she's been surprising us with a lot of words and somewhat sentences lately. Anyway, the only animal she was willing to try and pet were the bunnies and I think that's because they were in the cage. So, I guess maybe we will try it again next year...or maybe in a month at the State fair and see if she decides to like the animals.

You can't see her face much, but she's not too excited about these animals... Carissa encouraging her the bunnies won't hurt her...
She seemed interested in the duck from up in Mom's arms...

No comments: