Thursday, July 24, 2008

Play days with Hannah

I just have to say that Hannah is such a blessing and a joy in our lives and we thank God for giving us such a wonderful daughter, every day! Sure, we have a tough moments with attitudes that for sure tests our patience, but for the most part she is a really great kid! She has such personality and does or shows us something new each day! Like right now...she is sitting on my lap, watching me type and just looks back, says Hi, and gives me a big kiss...with a crumbly granola bar all over her lips and face, but she's way too cute to resist. :)

Some other fun things she does, is cooks us "dinner" (I wish I could type it just the way she says everything) with her kitchen and play food and "feeds" it to us and her baby dolls. She likes to pull out all her diapers and wipes (if they are in her reach) and change her baby...she even tells them they are "stinky." She loves to watch me put on makeup and always reaches for my makeup brushes and brushes her face. Then she takes either the makeup brush or my hair brush and brushes my hair...she's a bit rough and gets it tangled in my hair sometimes, but its ok...its fun for me and for her - thank goodness I have short hair to untangle! Yesterday, while brushing my hair she even went and got her hair bands and had she knew how to put them in, she probably would have! Shoes - she loves her shoes! She is VERY insistent sometimes as to which shoes she wears for the day! Flip flops - "FIP FOPS" in her words - are her most favorite, along with her clogs. Thank goodness she hasn't started insisting on what she is wearing yet! She is definitely going to be a girly girl!!

Here are a couple pics of her playing in her new little tent we found for her at Ikea...she takes her babies in and makes a little "house" for them and herself. She loves this new tent!

In other family news, just to update you - I am due Dec. 21st, as I may have said before. I am almost 19 weeks along and we get to have our ultrasound on July 31st, to find out what we are having, and they check on the baby of course, too. So stay tuned to our blog to find out what it will be!! David thinks a boy, because I have been and felt much different this pregnancy...me, I'm not for sure...although after the last couple days, I've been feeling it move around ALOT, it makes me wonder if it will be an active little boy too! :) Its amazing how much sooner I am feeling this one move around than I did when I was pregnant with Hannah. I think at this time with Hannah, I had barely even felt a tickle. I guess we'll see in a week, what will be joining our family!!

Taking Daddy in her tent with her - suprising he fits!! :)As you can see, she makes it homey, with her blankets and pillow!

5 comments:

Nicole LH Medeiros said...

I agree life with little ones is a HUGE blessing!!! Hope all is well and hope to see you soon!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

Wow, how in the world did David fit inside that little tent? Looks like tons of fun.

Wanda

Family of 5 said...

Daddy's lil girl that's for sure! Such fun times in the tent...our boys love their tent too! THen it's fun to put away for awhile after they get bored with it and then get it out a month later and it's like having a new toy! That's great about kids...:) I love Hannah and can't wait to meet the new lil Pfnister! Hmm..I think it's going to be a girl! :) We'll see!

Acker Family said...

don't you love girly things?! Lily is always in the bathroom with me while I put my makeup on. Although she still tries to eat everything (like my brushes!) oh well :)

Anonymous said...

get her nked and have fun in the tent